Junior Buffalo “GDE”
Father’s Day falls two days before the first day of summer. Few drinks are more refreshing on a hot day than a Gin Rickey. And few places are hotter than Phoenix where bartender Clayton MacGregor of Pig & Pickle created the Junior Buffalo GDE (Greatest Drink Ever).
The drink is based on BULLDOG Gin due to its approachable, less-aggressive flavor profile, which makes it mixable with just about anything.
1 ½ oz. BULLDOG Gin
1 ½ oz. fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
1 dash Orange Cream Citrate from Bittermen’s Bitters
1 ½ oz. House-made orange blossom soda
- Fill a tall rocks glass with ice, koozie on glass is optional
- Measure gin with a jigger and add to glass
- Add fresh grapefruit juice and Orange Cream Citrate
- Garnish with an orange slice, a hug and a high five
To make orange blossom soda, mix:
- 2 oz orange blossom water
- 6 oz of orange simple syrup
- 24 oz of water
- Place in an iSi container and carbonate